Subject: [Leica] SL2 eats film
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:33:47 +0100

If I may intrude with a Leica question...

Yesterday, while changing film in my SL2, I noticed a small piece of
film stuck behind one of the white thingies in the take-up spool.
Apparently it came from one of the previous films and was torn off when
rewinding the film. This has me concerned a bit--this particular piece
of film is quite large (perhaps 1/2 cm wide and 1 cm long) and easily
noticed, but I worry that a smaller piece might get into the shutter and
mess up things. The SL2 and SL have a peculiar loading system (they are
Leicas after all) and the take-up spool seems to have a very firm hold
on the end of the film, as evidenced by the great amount of force
required to free the film from the spool when winding it back into the
casette. Any tips on how to deal with this or prevent the film from
being torn in the camera would be appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium