Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: SL2 eats film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 06:10:15 -0800

Doug Richardson wrote:

<<<<I noticed this problem some time back with my own SL2 and asked the
question here on the LUG if the end of the film should be tucked
behind a single "white thingie" or if enought length needs to be
inserted so that the tip protrudes beyond the "thingie". Alas, there
were no replies.>>>>>>

Hi Doug,

(tongue in cheek!)  Re: no replies!:)

It was such a simple question without "great contraversy", wailing,
research of historical nature, head banging and haranging is why you didn't
get an answer!:) Oh yes and it had nothing to do with the great AA!:)

However:

>I'm going to experiment with an old film and see if the solution is to
>wind until the crank stops moving, then open the camera and extract
>the end of the film from the takeup spool.>>>>>>

Save the film and time as it happens lots. See my post to Nathan. Nothing
really gets broken other than the tip off the roll in the spool. When
making sure I had the film tip firmly in place before closing the back.

When re-winding it usually was as fast as I could whip the crank around
without any thought other than cranking until the tug of the film came out
of the spool and into the cassette. And yep some times it was a hell of a
tug, just meant you cranked harder and faster until the film popped loose.

Sorry I missed your original question or it would've been answered.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant