Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Contax shutter complexity versus Leica
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:00:03 -0500

At 05:56 AM 11/21/1999 -0800, Stephen wrote:
>can you elaborate?  this would seem a very interesting story.

A typo, Stephen.  Meant to say the Leica IV.  The Contax IV was a much
later thing and, obviously, emenated from Stuttgart, not Wetzlar.

>does the 1948 Steinheil Casca II and its large finder with 85 and 135
>brightlines figure into this?

Zeiss Ikon had gone to a large VF with the Contax II long before the War,
and Leitz had decided that their next major upgrade would follow suit when
they designed the Leica IV.  Hence, I doubt if the Casca had any impact at
all.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!