Subject: [Leica] Canon 35mm f1.8 (was Grainy Pics)
From: Mark Langer <"mlanger@ccs"@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 05:21:56 -0800 (PST)

Mike's query about grainy pictures (which I suspect is a matter of
underexposure) brings up another question.  I've just picked up the Canon
35mm f2 in LTM, which I've been told is a better performer than the
earlier f1.8. While I'm waiting for delivery, I was wondering if anyone
had experience with the various non-Leitz wide angle lenses.  Which are
the ones to keep an eye out for?  Being on a limited budget, I'm
interested in value for the money, which made the price of the Canon f2
more attractive to me than the $750 for the Voigtlander 35mm f1.7 or the
Summicron or Summilux 35s.  If I were to look for a 28mm, 25mm or around
20mm lens, what should I be considering?

Mark