Subject: RE: [Leica] Kriegsmarine U Boat Contax
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:18:43 -0800

All of the military Contaxes I owned were Contax 2 or 3 models.  Never had a
Contax 1 military version.  The Marine editions were always marked with the
normal serial number, as this one is.  Never saw a military Contax with the
swastika.

Stories like this always fascinate me.

However......   testing the story by dates of manufacture, Contax 1 were
introduced in 1931.  Discontinued I think in 1936.  (My history is a bit
short) So the equipment  was made before WW2?   Seems plausible......  Would
love to have a xerox of the picture and catalog entry.  That optical viewer
is beyond my imagination.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net