Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ball & socket heads
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:53:02 -0500

It seems like maybe you could use a small fluid-head like those sold for
camcorders.  You set the tripod itself level then you have fluid-dampened
drag in the horizontal and vertical directions.  It seems that would be
easier than having something that moved in all directions.  I don't know how
the size will compare to the ball & socket head.  I'm used to the large ones
for broadcast type video and film cameras.  It seems like one that was
scaled down would work well for still work.
Mike D