Subject: Re: [Leica] deserve to be green
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:04:19 -0500

A lot of developers work better with replenishment.  One summer a very long
time ago I photographed for a summer theatre.  The theatre management didn't
like grain much so I switched to Microdol-X and replenised it as I went
along.  The grain got finer and finer.  I read somewhere that the sliver
that got left in the developer got deposited on the new film acting almost
as a physical developer.

Sodium sulphite acts as a silver solvent.  Back in the 70's Bill Pierce
wrote some articles where he told of using Rodinal with the sulphite
solution like that recommended for FG-7.  The theory was that you got the
best of both worlds, great grain and gradation.

Mike D