Subject: Re: [Leica] wich lens?
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:49:57 -0800

Grégoire writes:
?

|I was wondering if there was an enormous difference between the 19mm and the
|21mm for R? I don't have it but I own a 24mm elmarit 2.8 R. Could someone
|give me some advice about these three; and at least, is there any clue,
|after having almost all the M lenses refreshed, that Leica will now refresh
|all the R lenses?

I cannot answer this because I only have the 21/4 SA (which I love).

|I would like also to know wich lens is at equal distance in terms of vision
|between the 50mm and the 24mm, 35 or 28?

In terms of angle of view, the 35 is closest.  According to the pocket guide
the angle of view for the lenses (in degrees) is:  50mm = 45 --- 35mm = 64 ---
28mm = 76 --- 24 mm = 84 --21mm = 92 ---19mm = 95.7

I hope this helps.

Bill, who wanted to be a photojournalist but after being slapped silly here
has decided to remain a geographer.