Subject: Re: [Leica] ethics
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 21:14:51 EST

In a message dated 11/24/99 7:13:00 PM, deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk writes:

<< Hmmm. So that documentary I made that exposed brutality in a psychiatric
hospital and caused a year long public inquiry, that involved deception in
order to get the statements from the patients out of the hospital, and our
cameras in, was unethical?

I suppose there are times when the ends justify the means and each person has
a different tolerance for how far they stretch or even cross the boundaries.
You have to decide where your limits are yourself. Personally, I would hope
that I could accomplish the desired ends without deception.

Bob (not willing to judge) McEowen