Subject: [Leica] Help With Minilux
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:48:16 -0600

Before I return the camera to Leica, I'd like to find out if someone can
tell me something about the Minilux.

We just got back from Vegas and during the trip, the Minilux stopped
advancing film and neither would it rewind.  I finally had to bite the
bullet and open up the camera with the film in it.  It turns out that there
is a small (1/2 inch) spring clip with a roller attached floating around
inside and it had  jammed the film on the take-up spool.

I believe this clip is used to guide the film leader into the take-up spool
but I haven't anything to show me where it goes or how to re-insert it.

If anyone has an opportunity to look inside their Minilux and can tell me
something about this clip, I would appreciate it.  Otherwise, I'll have to
send it off to Leica.

P.S. I knew I should have bought my wife an M6:-(

TIA,
Bud Cook