Subject: Re: [Leica] Squares and sabotage
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:47:28 EST

In a message dated 11/26/99 9:04:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Ruralmopics@aol.com ( Bob McEowen) writes:

<< -- BIG SNIP--- Beyond that, I suppose it would seem arrogant and perhaps a
bit foolish to
 say I think that Rural Missouri's accuracy check policy is the correct one
 and the New York TImes, et al, are incorrect. But it's true, I do.-----BIG
SNIP-----
 I hate to say it but I find the whole journalism as sacred institution above
 common courtesy schtick to be condescending, arrogant and basically just a
 load of crap.  No matter how in-depth we try to be, we are just people who
 swoop into people's lives for a moment or two and then regurgitate our
 initial impressions for all the world to see. >>

Thanks Bob, best post on the subject I've seen yet. Exactly the reason I quit
reading the big papers, and if 250 million other people would quit reading
them we would have a lot more beautiful trees to look at as well.

Paul (for more trees and less paper) Connet