Subject: Re: [Leica] 80-200/4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:26:07 -0800

At 10:42 AM 11/27/1999 -0500, Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:
>Didn't Leica once have a couple of lenses made by Minolta? It seems that the
>telephoto zoom was one of these. Has that relationship ended?

All of their long zooms were based on Minolta designs. Very good ones, I
might add. But the Minolta relationship ended long ago. Sigma made their
"cheap zoom" and Kyocera now makes the 35-70 f/4, and the 80-200 f/4. Leica
makes the more expensive zooms, and they are real Leica lenses. Amazing to
put it bluntly.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Those who judge others will burn in Hell!