Subject: [Leica] German QC
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 21:24:06 +0000

>>>In both cases, the lenses are German designed and only constructed by

Kyocera to German standards and QC/QA<<<

Yes, of course it would be Leica-designed. However, you might be
interested to know that a fairly high-up source at Zeiss told me that
the Kyocera-built lenses had slightly higher QC than the German-built
lenses. (I know, more of what the LUG doesn't want to hear--I'm
picturing a club lounge filled with guys with their fingers stuck in
their ears, all going "NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH..."  <g, d & r>).

- --Mike