Subject: Re: [Leica] Pellicle pop
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:09 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> A EOS RS or a camera with a pellicle would seem to be an ideal cross in
> effect
> between an SLR and a Rangefinder camera.
> You might feel like you were shooting a Rangefinder camera with no
> blackout and
> vibration from mirror flap.

It's worth pointing out that while the EOS 1n RS v/f doesn't black out
when you take the picture, it *does* dim substantially as the lens stops
down to the taking aperture. Of course this isn't a problem when you've
set the aperture to the maximum, or close to it.

> A used EOS RS at a good price would be tempting. But I would want to
> rent or
> borrow one first. A shame affordable pellicles are not currently being
> made. I'm
> sure Canon is still working on them.

There was a 'cheap' EOS with the pellicle mirror, the RT? It didn't sell,
apparently.

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk