Subject: [Leica] Re: Visoflex lenses on an R5
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 17:52:35 -0500

Yes you can use the 90 as you describe. I've done it with several Visoflex
lenses. You get no auto diaphragm and stop down metering.

Why the R5, 6, or 7? DO they do something special you need?

Ken (R3 fan) Wilcox

At 05:02 PM 11/28/99 -0500, Martin Howard wrote:

>I'm thinking of buying into the R system, chiefly for long lenses and macro.
>However, I have a limited budget and can really only afford a body at first.
>(Currently deciding between the R5, R6 or R7, but that's really beside the
>point.)
>
>I have a lovely 90mm f/2 Summicron (11123) with a detachable lens head for
>use in a Visoflex rig.  My question is, can I use the combination of
>a 16462 *or* 16463 adapter and a 14167 adapter to mount and use the lens
>head on an R5/R6/R7?  What kind of metering and exposure will this allow?
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin Howard                     |
>Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
>email: howard.390@osu.edu         |

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA LUG					          <wilcox@tir.com>