Subject: Re: [Leica] Journalistic principles
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:07:33 -0500

At 03:56 PM 11/28/1999 -0800, Eric Welch wrote:
>And for the record, I do not defend the way TV people act, they are whole
>different issue. This is way too complex an issue for this forum, and some
>people's attitude is biased by some bad experiences with some bad
>photojournalists (note statements are made denigrating the term
>photojournalist - a sure sign of a bad argument) that has caused them to
>paint us all with a broad brush of unfair accusations.

Around here, we have no objection at all to videotaping.  The Court gives
them a room outside the Court and they can use the same feed which is
producing the Court record.  Never see the guys.  No noise, no
interruption, no problems.  Might have a camera or two outside the Court
but they're always pretty straight guys who have done the Court beat for
years.  The TV guys stay back and stay polite.  (Let's NOT get off on those
!@#$%$ wide-angle lenses again!)  Around here -- Landmark, for the most
part, mind you -- the print photo-journalists seem to be either incompetent
or rude or both.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!