Subject: RE: [Leica] Journalistic principles
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:03:40 -0500

At 03:31 PM 11/28/1999 -0800, Eric Welch wrote:
>Do you require the clerks from the lawyer's offices to
>make COMPLETE silence? Do you require the public in the gallery to have
>COMPLETE silence?

Around here they do.  Come on out, make an unnecessary and unpreventable
noise, and I'll come and visit you while you pull your ten days.

>Forget it. I'm through with this discussion. You are not open to the other
>side's views.

Sorry, Eric.  I've been involved in this issue for 25 years and, before I
lived the life, believed as you did.  Having been there, I'll do my best to
keep cameras out of the Court.

You are the one who is not comprehending how tough the administration of
justice from all angles (those clerks you mention, the bailiffs, the
recorders, judges, attorneys and, of course, the parties for whom we are
all assembled).  If you'd think about this, you'd recognize why almost all
trial attorneys have no objection to print media but draw the line at
flash-bulbs in the Court-Room.

Lighten up, brother:  you've won the fight almost everywhere.  But, thank
heavens, no here!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!