Subject: Re: [Leica] Greece
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:17:19 +0100

From robmueller
> wondering if any of the luggers are greek and have noticed an
increasing
> violence on persons from the states. I will bypass the Greece
mainland and
> head directly to the islands. Do we have any first hand knowledge?

I am not Greek but I sail my boat around the Greek islands and I am
active on the maritime radio nets.  American yachts sailing in Balkan
areas are advised to remove their flag and paint out or disguise the
home harbour info on their stern; the yachts stern that is :-)

If you backback in the islands via ferry, you should remove the flag
patch on the backpack to avoid being drawn into a "discussion".

You should be OK, especially in the islands.  I have not heard of any
violence against persons.

Alan