Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: on color
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:06:44 -0800

At 04:25 AM 11/29/1999 -0800, Roy Feldman wrote:
>Eggleston, the only color photographer to have a one man show at MOMA and
>author of 5 major photography books and reciepient of the (1998)
>Hasselblad Award (a camera he doesn't use). Eggleston contends that he
>follows Evans instructions to the letter.

Well, no wonder he likes Evan's quote, since it makes him, a color
photographer, look special. All of the photographers I've mentioned in my
book are better photographers than Eggleston. And MOMA is hardly a bastion
of photography anyway, is it? Photographers have to stop looking for
validation from other media.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

The best pictures differentiate themselves by nuances...a tiny relationship
- - either a harmony or a disharmony - that creates a picture. -Ernst Haas,
"More Joy of Photography"