Subject: [Leica] Re: ON COLOR
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:42:43 PST

Eric W Wrote: <All of the photographers I've mentioned in my
book are better photographers than Eggleston. And MOMA is hardly a bastion
of photography anyway, is it? >
I really wasn't aware of your great power to proclaim one photographer
better than another(hell, I didn't even know it was a contest). I prefer
some photographers over others, but to  place one over the other is a gift
,apparently Szarkowski never conferred with you on his decision. Could you
perhaps give us proclamations on other subjects; Beatles vs Stones, Hendrix
vs Clapton ? Which is better?

As to MOMA's influence: I suppose you're right-- who needs Arbus,
Winograd,Friedlander, Evans or The Family of Man.