Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 75mm f1.4
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:28:08 -0500

At 04:59 PM 11/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>  Tom A's note on the 75 was very interesting.  I've had my Canadian
> version for about one and a half years and have had a very difficult time
> focusing available light portraits. I've also used the lens for static
> subjects at greater distances and have produced some of the best
> transparencies I've ever shot.  I didn't know about the focusing bias Tom
> mentioned. I assumed I had depth-of-field working to my advantage.  Has
> anyone else had Tom's experience ?  It would be nice to have an alibi
> other than my aging eyesight.
>
>John D.
>--

John -

I've always had more problems focusing the 75 at 1.4 than the Noctilux at
1.0.  I was also glad to read that it's not just my eyes or my lens.  I
even bought a second one just to be sure and, although it's a little easier
because it's not as stiff, I still have problems focusing it.  The 75 is
also just an awkward length and weight for me.  I'd love to be able to use
it because it should be a great people lens. When it hits, it's great, but
I get more misses than hits with this lens.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com