Subject: Re: [Leica] Info re Rollei Twin Projector
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:05:42 -0500

At 07:45 PM 11/23/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I've been looking at a used Rollei Twin slide projector that I could pick up
>for about $600.  Anyone have any experience with these?  Optical quality?
>Doing lap dissolves with one projector and tray would be fun, but I am
>conserned about the optical quality.  The Rollei lenses indicate that they
>are made in Germany.  I am presently using aProadovit RT-300 with 90 mm
>Colorplan and 60-110 Elmaron lenses.  I don't think the Leica lenses will
>fit the Rollei projector.  I figure I can just about wash the price if I
>sell the Pradovit and lenses, except for changing tray sizes.
>
>Tom Schofield

Tom -

This is a great buy.  I paid about 8X that for mine.  The lenses are very
good.  I only have a problem with the clumsiness of the trays - slides
spilling out - and occasional jamming if the slides aren't sitting just
right.  I have yet to give a slide show with two full trays without at
least one jam, but maybe I'm just technologically jinxed.  I love the
dissolves and that's why I got it.

Hope this helps -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP