Subject: Re: [Leica] God, no Canon vs. Nikon...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:48:34 -0800

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Those are your words not mine!  We are not talking sales for Leica.  They
> have a limited audience.
> We are talking sales for apples to apples, in this case Nikon to Canon.
> Since Leica does not have AF they really don't compete in the same markets.
> Therefore, it would be like comparing apples to oranges.  nice try though.
> ;-)
>
> Peter K

Any pro has the ability to determine if AF is really a necessity to them.
I played with it for years thought it changed my world and am sick of it. Plenty
of pros have gone full circle on AF just like myself.
There is really very little that AF is really necessary for.
I don't think our shots look better than they did in the 70's.
How often did we miss our focus. I was damn good at it and still am with an SLR.
I am Autofocus!
And most photographers of much non AF experience can say the same.
I don't think we can do more because of AF
 more because of higher sync speeds and computer flash.
And that we can also live without that easily as we know.
Mark (its the same market; stole this idea form Bob) Rabiner