Subject: RE: [Leica] God, no Canon vs. Nikon...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:55:52 -0800

At 06:29 PM 11/30/1999 +0000, David Morton wrote:
>When my D1 arrives, I will be able to use all
>my old manual focus lenses on it. Changing lens mounts and destroying
>snappers' cash flow may be fun for Canon, but it was a *LARGE* pain in the
>gluteus maximus for many of its customers.

This is why it's on topic. What would Leica do if they go AF? Change the
mount, or switch? They are too small to choose the latter. They have to
keep it compatible. And anyone who says they aren't going to is blowing
smoke. Nobody knows, except Leica's inner circle.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings