Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold camera cold film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 06:13:14 -0800

Carl Socolow wrote:

<<<<I've also heard of film breaking or sprocket holes
>stripping because it's so brittle. And I've heard of static marks on
>film from using a motor rewind. Anyone have these experiences as well?
>Also, can you use long underwear to clean long lenses?>>>>

Stripping film:
This is something that can happen if you're in a big hurry to change and
try to crank it out quickly, learned my lesson the hard way by not having a
second body tucked under the parka in the event I had to reload quickly.
Stripped sprocket holes to the extent I had to get back inside to a
darkroom for the change or rip it out and throw away all the pictures
taken.

Static marks only occurred if I re-wound too quickly and I didn't encounter
any caused by motordrive.

<<<Also, can you use long underwear to clean long lenses?>>>>>

Yes they work very well, but they aren't as well softened as summer wear! :)

But if you need a quick camoflage, the legs work very well by cutting them
off and stretching over the long lens. Of course your knobby knees get a
bit chilly.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant