Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold camera cold film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:01:22 -0800

Carl Socolow wrote:

>Have you had your cameras winterized? Any change in lubrication or other
>set-ups by winter-knowledgeable service people? Damn, that's cold.>>>>

Hi Carl,

When I used to shoot a fair amount in the arctic, -25 to -50 below using M
cameras I never had them "winterized" for better lubrication. I just took
them north and shot away and they worked fine.

I had read at one time that M Leicas' didn't really need to be winterized,
so I never had it done. Sure things tightened up, as in focusing rings, but
not stopped "cold!" :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant