Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M Winder #14 403 disparition.
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:48:43 -0800

Lucien wrote:

> There is no Leica M Winder #14 403 anymore in the new
> (1999/2000) Handbook of the Leica System and on the Leica
> web site:
> <http://www.leica-camera.com/prospekt/pdf/2b_e.pdf>
>
> It was a short come back.
> ;-)
>
> Lucien

A. They forgot to put it in.
B. They are letting the remainder sell out getting ready to release one at half
the size for the new millennium. Leica discovers micromotors.
C. They can't afford to keep making something which sells so little because of a
bad rap which would be a shame because I love mine and they are great.
D. They figure Tom's design fills that gap. I think Tom's design is ANOTHER option.
I'd like to see a Winder M with a Spring Winder in it. You wind it up and at
half the size. That would be a street Leica concept.
I will be using my Winder this weekend to shoot a job and am darn glad I have
it. I can blast away and it  makes it a real doable professional camera.
Mark Rabiner