Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M Winder #14 403 disparition.
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:55:48 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:
><Snip>
> Hell it's no wonder it didn't last very long, it was selling for over $900..
> and who needs another battery operated noise level winder on a silent camera.
>
> One is far better off with a Tom Abrahamsson Rapid Winder. Quiet, fast and
> efficient.

Mine is pretty darn quiet, Ted. A lot quieter than my MD-12 for my Nikon FE-2
and FM. I just fired them off side by side.
BIG I'll give you, but not loud. Darn quiet!  Just not silent.
Mark Rabiner
And I got mine new for $650 4 years ago and it has worked perfectly with never
any problems.
It makes for a nice balance with the new 135 3.4 or a 90 just like in the world
of SLR....
	A winder helps balance the heavier glass.