Subject: [Leica]OK, ya got me.. Those nasty collectors...
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 00:24:14 GMT

Hi Mike

My point was, and damn me for even starting this painfull thread,
that the price of all used Leica products is inflated by the collectablity
of the marque.  None of the lenses you mentioned below are selling for more
in unadjusted dollars used than they were new. The Leicas are...Not because
they are rare, or because they are just so much better than a Zeiss planar,
but because they are Leicas.

For god sakes even a Leica SHIRT is worth something to a collector, as I
found some selling in EBAY some time ago, with actual BIDS! Jeez....

I am formally giving up on this as I am realizing I have offended a large
portion of this group..the colletors are all doing us a big favor, the price
of anything Leica is actually reasonable, and Ansel Adams was a died in the
wool Leica user, but prefered the Minox for his landscapes...:)

Best Wishes
Dan