Subject: Re: [Leica] Old news, good news
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 00:17:28 -0800

MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:

> If you really want to call lenses names, my 135 tele-elmarit w/eyes really
> qualifies for wart hog status. I like the lens but do have my eyes on a new
> 135. That lens doesn't get much discussion in this group. What do some of you
> think of it?
> Bruce Bowman
> Killingworth CT

I have gone on and on often about the wonders of my newish 135 3.4 APO.
It restates your whole approach toward telephoto photography.
Yes the Leica M6 is more than a viable tool for telephoto work.
It more than competes well it is hard to beat.
A 135 is not short telephoto as I see it it is real telephoto, darn long.
Do I really need to bring that 200 along on my stupid Nikon?
No, I'll just leave it at home.
Would I do some macro work with the 100?
No! 13 inches across is usually tight in enough for me with both the 135 or the 90.
I'll leave the slrs at home thank you in most cases.
Leica, the not just for wide angle camera any more.
Mark Rabiner