Subject: Re: [Leica] Grandfather again
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:37:05 -0800

Gerry Walden wrote:

>I just wanted to share the good news with you all that I have just achieved
>the rank of Grandfather for the second time.
>
>I guess i will have to rewrite the will again, the other grandson is due to
>inherit the Leica gear!>>>>

Gerry,
Congratulations to a Leica gandpa! Nothing like grandchildren to keep an
old guy healthy!:)

Running after them, part of the grandfather fitness programme. Leica in
hand capturing  their wonderful activities of today to re-enforce the
memories of tomorrow.

Never mind concern for "loaning them the car." It's when a grand daughter
comes along, pretty little thing, bats her eyes and smiles, "Grampa, that
cool black camera you take pictures without flash? Can I shoot a roll at
school of my friends?"  She smiles and you get kinda maudlin and, "OK, get
a roll and show me how to load it first."

Damn and she does! Pops the M6 Rapid winder, drops in the roll, Rapidwinder
on, advance click, advance click! Smiling again, "There, now is it OK? And
I'll need another roll just in case! Thanks." :)

Cool grand daughter, learned it well. :)

Gerry, start them young and you'll have no fear when they say, "Grampa that
cool camera....."  :) Show no fear just hand it over with a smile, but
inside there'll be a little bit of heart pumping. :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant