Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8: new lower German price and 5 yr guarantee
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:39:08 EST

In a message dated 12/2/99 10:28:49 AM Central Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<<  question and a comment:

 What conclusions may one draw from the fact that when looking allot of the
 ads in Shutterbug, one sees much more used R gear for sale than M
 gear....MUCH more...

 And -
 As part of one of the big dealer ads in the latest Shutterbug - it was
 either Wall Street Camera or Tamarkin (I think it was WSC) there was a
 commentary in which they discussed Leica's vaporware reputation.,..as in the
 R8 motor drive and the difficulty of getting the 90 AP0 M....

 If major dealers are commenting IN A PRINT AD about this kind of thing,
 Leica is in BIG trouble and had better sit up and take notice...and not just
 by having sales in Germany on R8s....Part of what killed Apple as a major
 player in the PC arena (and I am NOT commenting on which computer system is
 best) is that they couldn't market worth a damn.

This kind of talk is pure blasphemy for anyone to be critical of Solms Leica.
 The writer should have his hands washed out with soap!