Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Incredibly basic question
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:15:39 -0000

Well - No and yes - All it implies is that at some point, when I can scrape
the money together, I am going to move up from my Nikon F for shooting with
longer lenses. I'm thinking about all kinds of options, ranging from the
F100, to an EOS, to the new Minolta Maxxum, to an R6.2, to an autofocus 2
1/4. Which is to say I don't know what I'm going to do - but my guess is
I'll probably go with autofocus as my eyes will only get older and slower
with each passing month.

But I really asked the lens question because I was looking at ads in
Shutterbug this a.m. and was appalled at the prices of some of the R
lenses - NOT THAT THEY AREN'T THE WORLD'S BEST! :-) - but then I noticed
that there also seemd to be some which were priced closer to their
non-autofocus competitors.

BUT - because the M is my primary "system," before I do anything about the
F, I still need to get a 50 for the M, and the 15 Cosina. :-)

B. D.