Subject: Re: [Leica] Question for Swiss LUGgers re Kodachrome
From: ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman)
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 16:20:01 +0100

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> - cost to have a roll processed
> - turnaround time (the two weeks it takes from Belgium is what keeps me
> from trying this film again, having used it extensively when I lived in
> the U.S.)
> - what kind of mount the slides are returned in.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Nathan

Nathan,

I have not used Kodachrome in some time, but the Kodak Stuttgart Lab is
advertising that they are doing Kodachrome in Germany again.

I live just across the border (45 minutes from Zurich) and it took just
over a week most of the time. It does of course go through customs. Last
time I saw a roll (about 2 months ago) the slides had white plastic mounts,
similar to "CS" mounts, but I am not sure if they are compatible with that
system.

Most Kodachrome sold in Europe is sold "processing included". The little
Yellow Envelope comes in the film box. What it costs alone I can't tell
you, though years ago when I first came to Germany I did send a few rolls
in that I had brought from the US.

Good luck in Zurich, it is a lovely city. And has a few nice (though
expensive) Leica shops...

Keith Bingman
Riedheim, Germany