Subject: Re: [Leica] Apple Canon Contax Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 00:02:54 -0800

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
><Snip>><Snip>
> I am not religious about computers. I've programmed and worked with every
> operating system in common usage (and several which are not) for the past
>><Snip>
An almost perfect piece of extended writing here on your part in my opinion Godfrey.
But at the very bottom about the Canon....
Had lunch with a top photographer friend today with him talking about the
flariness of Canon lenses...photographers who went from Nikon to Canon and back
again. He never left Nikon. Played around a little with Leica M this year but is
a hardcore groundglass guy it seems.
Has gotten some Contax slr stuff. Aria with 50,80 and 35 all 1.4's.
Not that some of our Summilux's don't have some flair issues as well. But I
don't use them.
If I got the Contax I would go with the 45 2.8 Pancake. I'm even slow when it
comes to groundglasses.
Mark (compact) Rabiner