Subject: [Leica] Oh, well. (Russar 20mm).
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 09:33:53 +0000

Talking about the I bought a Russar LTM 20mm a while back, lovely nick, with
a nice finder, for a reasonable price.  However, I'm going to sell it, for
the following reasons which I hope people here might find useful...

1.  It's a sharp enough lens, except at the edges, where it's distractingly
soft (or is it that the plane of focus is curved? In any case, it bothers
me).

2.  At 5.6 it's just too damn slow (also, it's not nice at 5.6, so its
actual max aperture for me is f8).

3.  The lack of rangefinder coupling, even though DOF is massive, is a pain.
With lenses like this you often want to go really close, at which point DOF
stops being massive, and focus becomes critical.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The unfinished is nothing" - Frederick Amiel