Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 meter
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 07:30:43 -0700

Oh deity of my choice, prepare me for the slings of flame to come. Every
year or so I get the same overpowering urge to get an M6. I guess some of us
never learn. Oh evolution, where is thy sting? So I toddle off to my local
purveyor of all things Leica with funds and my other Leicas in tow. I look
at and handle the camera. Feels great! Unfortunately I try some sample faux
shooting and the goldarn meter drives me crazy. Flashing lights, changing
every time I move the camera an centimetre. I have been using a handheld
meter for so long that I find LED meters to be too distracting. Personally
my big hope for the "new" M body would be a LCD meter display ( much less
distracting). Well, back to my story. Disappointed, again, I put the camera
down and look in the used Leica case. Why there is a 21mm f3.4 with finder
for two thirds the price of this used M6. And my ----- the glass is perfect!
At least it was there, I bought the darn thing. The time before it was a 90
f2.8 and so on. Once a bought a used M4-2, swing out polarizing filter and
table top tripod and head. I still had a enough change for a whole wack of
film. So my advice would be to buy used and burn that brick (of film) for
free.

John Collier