Subject: [Leica] 180 f3.4 Apo Telyt
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:11:41 -0500

Folks,

I have a chance to get a "new", in the box, 180 f3.4 Telyt
at a rather decent  price. However, I already own the
180 f2.8 apo & admire its qualities ;-)!

It's just that the Apo Telyt might lend itself a *little*
more to hand held work with its lessor weight.

Does anyone know how the Apo Telyt would compare
in quality to the 180 f2.8 apo? In particular, at closer
distances, as I would not be using it for infinity work.

I know that I should ignore the *siren* call of another
Leica lens; particularly, a focal length which is identical
to what I already have.

Still, I'm curious as to how it compares & would it be
light enough to make a *difference*  for hand held work?

Tom D.