Subject: Re: [Leica] 80-200/4
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:18:19 -0500

Dave,

>>I think the ability to frame using the zoom more than<<
       >>offsets any speed advantage of 180 f2.8<<

I'm also now a serious user of the R system. I've been
sticking with primes, for speed & quality; however, on
occasion, it would be nice to work with a 80-200 zoom.

I'm doing more & more hand held work; & the balance
of a body/lens has become critical for me. Being able to
*squeeze* off those critical shutter speeds safely is
more important now than before ;-)!

Assuming you use your 80-200 f4 hand held; how do you
find it's balance with your R7? Have you been able to get
*reasonably* sharp shots at the lower shutter speeds?

I'd like to hear of your experiences in this area!

Thanks,
Tom D.