Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Konica and Contax
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:13:41 -0800

The AF can be inappropriate for particular scenes: targeting issues or
difficult lighting. Same reasons why it might be difficult to focus an
optical rangefinder dead center on the final composition in the
viewfinder. That's when you go to manual focus with a Contax G, focus it
on a good target, and then reframe the picture, or use the AF and AF
Lock.

In the year and a half I spent with my Contax G2, shooting using both
manual and AF focus modes, I never found an occasion where the electronic
rangefinder was unable to perform properly. It's very accurate and easy
to use. It's simply operates differently from an optical/mechanical
rangefinder.

Wasn't this the Leica Users Group list? ;)

Godfrey