Subject: Re: [Leica] M Meters
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:32:35 -0600

Bob,

I've used a MR meter on my M3. I used it often and rarely failed. It
reads the area of the 90mm lens and it is quite easy to jostle the frame
lines to 90mm at the same time as pushing the meter on switch. The meter
reading is locked when you release the switch and the shutter speed is
coupled to the shutter speed ring. Really quite fool proof to transfer
the reading to the aperature (or re-adjust both), shallow learning
curve.

Draw backs: batteries, scuffs the top of the camera body. The scuff
marks may lower the value of a 'premium' M3 body by as much as $200-300
- - others may care to comment on the valuation numbers I'm just going
from recent numbers on Don Chatterton's site. The shutter speeds are
slightly off at the ower end. the 1/8 vrs 1/10 sequencing but you make
the adjustment very easily.

I no longer am using the MR4. Have switched to a Sekonic 308BII. Very
much like the quick operating of this hand-held and the convenience of
incident metering.

T.A. has reported on the new Cocina clip on metering. I'm sure if you
search the archives you will find those postings, they are quite recent.
Check http://www.cosina.co.jp/ - think that's correct.

Regards,
Roger