Subject: Re: [Leica] Wives and Leicas
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:01:24 -0800

> A little over a week ago, my wife and I went to a jewelry show we attend
> about twice a year in San Mateo, California.   Our purpose was to purchase
> replacement for a lost turquoise stone and some Christmas shopping.
>
> She stopped to see a customer at one of the booths looking at an emerald
and
> diamond bracelet.   We saw a similiar one with rubys and diamonds,
rubies
> 27.7 karats and dimonds 2.5 karats total weight.  Her eyes showed her to
be
> hypnotised by the design and brillance.
>
> I pulled out my plastic and bought it for her.   For this reason, she does
> not criticize my purchase of toys.

Pulled a similar trick with a 'cello bow which costs as much as an M6 and
Noct. a couple of years ago.  After a Steinway grand piano, an M3, an M6,
and a slew of Leica lenses since then, my luck is run out.  Making special
prints still allows me to get some credits though.  Some of my wife's most
favourite pictures of our son was taken with the Noct.