Subject: Re: [Leica] attachments- affects everyone
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 09:17:52 -0300

At 08:32 AM 07/12/99 +0000, you wrote:

>One thing, now don't take this wrong people, but I note that some Luggers
>post in HTML (that's what generates those screeds of gobbledygook after your
>posts- no names, no pack drill:-)). Is it even faintly possible that someone
>is sending electronic Business Cards attached to their posts? The MajorDomo
>software will probably not be able to handle these and will just spit them
>out again in a garbled form.
>
>If someone is send business cards or fancy stationery or anything else,
>please tell us and put minds at rest- I for one promise not to jump on you!
>(And then switch the feature off!)

        I concur....  Those using MS-Express and Netscape (and others that
allow user to use html and fonts in their email) as their e-mail clients
have the option of turning off this type formatting.

        Another list I subscribe to has their email server set to
automatically delete all incoming attachments before they go out to the list.
        Maybe the LUG server can do this?

cheers,
Greg Locke                           locke@straylight.ca
St. John's, Newfoundland.            http://www.straylight.ca
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm