Subject: [Leica] Re: Scanner Recommendation
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:45:58 -0800

The HP PhotoSmart or S20 scanners are pretty good for the money but are
not the equal of the more expensive Olympus, Canon, Minolta, Nikon and
Polaroid units.

The Nikon LS30 is very reasonably priced and does a great job with
slides, although I've heard that it's not quite as good with color and
B&W negs. The Polaroid Sprintscan 35LE currently being sold is very
similar to the 35ES model that I have and does an excellent job with B&W
and color negs and a passable job with color slide.

If you get involved with scanning, you will need to do some image editing
as none of the scanners can just take a neg or slide and produce an
on-screen picture that is as nice as it can be except on rare occasion.

Godfrey