Subject: Re: [Leica] scanner recommendation
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:05:19 -0500

At 10:41 AM 12/10/99 +0000, you wrote:

>Sorry, Tina, no you can't. The LS-2000 has a maximum optical res of 2700dpi,
>exactly the same as the LS-1000, and will generate a file of approx 27Mb
>optically. you are talking about is interpolated software resolution. This
>is in my opinion a poor substitute for optical and will not make friends in
>the pre-press business.
>Cheers
>
>Rod

Hi, Rod -

I'm not using these large files for printing or pre-press - only for
storage as Genuine Fractals. I figured if I store them at the highest
possible resolution, I can convert them to whatever size I need when I need
them. Is this not true? I would like to scan the photos one time and store
them for any possible future use. So far, I've been getting beautiful
results but I don't think I'll ever understand all of this scanning stuff!!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com