Subject: Re: [Leica] chosing between 50Nocti or 50Summi
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:08:53 -0800

George Kase wrote:

>Can anyone who has used these lenses tell me if the added
>speed/quality of the Nocitlux is worth reaching for...quality
>of images(subjective), etc.>>>>>>

He george,

The main reason for buying a Noctilux is to be able to shoot where others
absolutely fear to tred.....without twinky flash. :)

If you like absolutely lost backgrounds and subject popping off the back
ground, I 'd go Noctilux. If you're not prepared to use it lots of times at
f 1.0 for it's very unique look, but prefer the deep depth of field look I
don' buy the Noctilux.

You'll find general feelings by most who have one, fined it to be a very
excillerating lens to use. But think lots of images where you never thought
it possible to shoot hand held in the dark! :) It's truly an "available
darkness lens!"

And if you're not into available existing light shooting, don't go Noctilux.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant