Subject: Re: [Leica] Jim Marshall at Sammy's Camera
From: TM <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:38:52 -0800

I used to go to Winterland, the Fillmore, and the Avalon in San Francisco
in the mid 60s to see my favorite singer, Janis Joplin, as well as all
the other bands -- the Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe,
Quicksilver, etc. I started doing that when I was 13. The cops at the
door of each place never asked for ID, they only carted everyone for
liquor bottles. I saw Jim Marshall twice at Winterland, taking
photographs of Janis. I remember thinking, Gee, his Leica camera looks
like my dad's!. My dad at that time had two M2s and 2 M3s and would never
let me borrow them and take them into any of those halls because of the
packed crowds as well as the plethora of drugs and alcohol. Thus, I was
never able to take any pictures. I do, however, have Janis' autograph as
well as those of her Big Brother and the Holding Company band members.
Hmm, I wonder what her signature could sell for on Ebay???