Subject: [Leica] Neopan 1600
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:58:08 +1300

Hi Nathan,

Aside from my usual Tri-X, i've used Neopan 1600@1600 for anything
that Tri-X can't do. This is the poor persons SummiNoct. Most of the
time i've shot it at 1600 and it performs very well. The only time i
was disappointed in its performance was when i decided to try a brief
foray into using a flash with it. Ugh, it was ugly, but i think that
has more to do with my skills with a flash than anything else.

The 1600 with the 28 or 50 DR for M,  were my favourites by far, but
even with these maximum apertures you've got yourself a great
low-light combination with the Neopan. Give it a go!

Take care,
Gary

Nathan wrote:

"I would assume that Neopan 1600 is similarly optimistically rated."

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University