Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL flash problem
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 08:17:51 -0800

sometime around 12/12/99 4:49 AM, LuPi at ewppi@tin.it was heard  to write:

> In my mind I think that in this way the small flash will give a fixed output
> of light while the Metz will be controlled by the camera TTL cell to add the
> necessary amount of light taking in consideration both the flashes.  Is it
> true ?

Likely,

But you need to realize, the shadows are going to be there unless you move
the light source so it's out of the angle of view. The main problem with
just pointing a flash at a subject and letting 'er rip is that it's very
harsh light. If you want smooth light with no shadows, get a soft box, or
shoot through a piece of gauze, or bounce the light off a piece of white
card or board, or some other speicalized light refletor.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."