Subject: [Leica] Shutter Problem?
From: "Paul Klingaman" <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:26:51 GMT

Hello All,

Simple question...I'm starting to notice a slight problem with my M6.  Of
the 6000+(I'm estimating) frames I've shot with the camera, I'm getting a
small, over-exposed area on the lower-right portion of the frame.  The area
looks like 1/4 of a pizza slice, when printed full frame.  I've seen this in
about 3 or 4 of those 6000 frames now.  At first, I thought it might have
been user error, like a finger, etc...but now I'm pretty sure that it's
not(all instances exhibit the exact same size and shape).  This wouldn't
bother me all that much, except that it happened on one of my most printed
negatives, and I'm getting sick of burning it in, and spotting such a large
area.  Has anyone seen this behavior, or know of what might be causing it?
I should also probably note that I'm using a 35 summicron, pre-asph.  I've
examined the lens and shade carefully, and cannot detect any problems.  In
between rolls, I also exercise the shutter at each speed, and I can't ever
seem to see anything there either, in regard to sticking, etc.  I'd
appreciate any help you can offer.  As always, the lug continues to be an
excellent resource for all things leica, and I thank all responders in
advance.

happy holidays,
Paul Klingaman